Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What A Joke

Wanna know what I think? I think that Sarah Palin is a joke. There, I said it. I think that she has lied directly to the American people. And all I hear is that she's a maverick. ("I do not think that means what you think it means.") She has taken federal money without reservation or conscience. She has lobbied for those dollars. I think it's fitting that she supported the "Bridge to Nowhere" because when it comes to Sarah Palin, I think there's no there there.

I think that all sorts of contortions are being done to justify voting for a ticket that promises to run this country further into the ground. If nothing else, Republicans are supposed to be about the money. Meanwhile these Republican clowns - following the Bush Doctrine! - have depleted our economy to the point where financial pillars that have stood for over a century are crumbling into the gutters of Wall Street on a daily basis.

I don't criticize Sarah Palin because she has five kids or chose to have a child with Down's Syndrome. I criticize her because she claims to have gone places she didn't go to manufacture experience and knowledge she doesn't have. And so what if she can see Russia from her house?! My buddy can see Dodger Stadium from his house, that don't make him no center fielder.

I did not vote for Alan Keyes. Why? Because, though he is Black, I can think of few people in this country I find more politically and personally reprehensible. I support Barack Obama because he is a candidate I believe in. And I resent the insinuation that he simply won the Democractic nomination because of sexism. Did sexism have its primary ahead of schedule? And while I'm on Obama and all the hell he's caught re: sexism... What did he actually do or say that was sexist? Yes, the media may have been out of line on various occasions. But I keep asking what Barack actually did and I get these vague stares and mumbling, meandering responses.

But I digress. The point is that Sarah Palin is the poster child for White privilege. (Tim Wise broke this down like an organic compound. Check out that article: http://www.redroom.com/blog/tim-wise/this-your-nation-white-privilege) I wish that there were a Shaqualanda Obama sitting there pregnant with a thug boyfriend. Would our nation be so respectful of a family's privacy then? Oh... give me a break.

You know what I say to a nation that would vote for McCain/Palin? Well, then you deserve them. Go on. Cut off your nose to spite your uterus. I know doctors. Should a family member ever be in trouble, I'm sure I'll be able to work out a quiet little deal. But what of all those who won't have those relationships. How dare Sarah Palin bemoan her right to a private family decision as she poises herself to rob every American of that same right.

Lipstick? No, that's not the difference. The difference between Sarah Palin and a pitbull is that there is no reason that the pitbull should know better than to kill people whether with elective war, wire hangers or the poverty that will sweep this nation if unregulated companies are allowed to continue their unconscionable money-grab that is subsidized by government bail-outs. Go on. Vote for McCain/Palin. "Bomb, bomb, bomb. Bomb, bomb, Iran." And let Blackwater reap the rewards. Way to support the troops! What are people thinking?!

Sarah Palin is a joke. They say that comedy is just tragedy plus time. But this time around it will be comedy plus time that equals tragedy. What a joke. That's what I think.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU MY BROTHER!!!! I wish I could hug you right now. Personally I am insulted every time someone implies that I should even consider voting for Palin simply because she is a woman and let's be real there would be no other reason. I agree with you totally that it is a joke...only it's not funny and I fear that I will have to live with this stupidity for another four years. Love always your Baby Sister Thalia

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the record I can play center field LOL. NMN, well said! America please wake up...please! We can't do this again; there will be no third chance.
Peace,
Kwam

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That article you linked to was so on point.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home